Our Doctors of Optometry pride themselves in the excellent, extensive services they provide when examining, diagnosing, treating and managing diseases of the eye and disorders of the visual system. Comprehensive assessments for cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration and other eye diseases are performed as well as the prescribing of spectacles and contact lenses for vision correction. The doctors on staff provide both pre- and post-operative assessments for laser vision correction. During the regular eye exam they will also be able to obtain an excellent idea of your overall health. If the assessment indicates signs or symptoms of conditions like diabetes or high blood pressure, they will make the appropriate referral and co-manage your care with your other health care providers.
A complete examination will usually include the following components, although variations may occur because of patient age, abilities, and general health and eye conditions:
- a health history with emphasis on eyes and vision, including vision needs
- measurement of visual acuity (for example 20/20)
- measurement of refractive error (for example far-sightedness, near-sightedness, astigmatism)
- determination of the alignment of the eyes
- determination of the way the eyes adjust focus from distance to near
- examination of the eyes for any disease or abnormalities
- a diagnosis from the results of the examination
- recommendations for any treatment required, which may include referral to another health care provider
- provision of a prescription or treatment plan for vision correction if required
- any counseling or advice that is necessary, including need for future vision care
Our doctors and staff provide personalized attention for every patient utilizing state-of-the art testing equipment, procedures and products. New patients are always welcome.